Tuesday 27 November 2012

Not a Christmas Miracle


I'd apologise for not blogging in a while, but I still have no followers, and would hate the pressure of having any, so we're all good. 

I have recently moved cities and will blame this for not writing anything up, but actually the move, and subsequent need to completely redecorate, rewardrobe, refurnish the home has actually provided many opportunities to follow my Pinterest dreams and risk fulfilling them, or crashing and burning them. 

Today's subject was certainly the latter. 

With my husband away for the evening, I embarked on a along-awaited project of making these funky white "baking soda Christmas decorations" that I thought were a bit like some I saw for sale in the Grey Lynn 'Crafternoon tea' market I love so much. 

Maybe they are, but most likely, not a chance. After completely screwing up the mixture the first time (1 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of cornflour - NOT the other way around) and failing to do a key part of the instructions because they were obscured by the formatting on my iPhone, the first lot became a burney, smelly mess condemned to the bin pretty quickly with a burn on my hand as a semi permanent reminder of the misadventure.

For the second lot I followed the instructions to a degree of precision quite unlike me, and yet, this is how they came out:

PINTEREST

















REALITY
OVERALL RATING 0 /10 - WTF
The Pinterest subtitle is "better than salt dough!"....if so, stay the hell away from salt dough. Bumpy, rough, yellowy brown coloured, and most significantly, smell like commercial grade toilet cleaner. You have been warned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment