Monday 21 April 2014

Frames of reference

There's nothing like a good DIY fail to bring one back to earth.  This one is straight and simple, so big long backstory (sorry), I just don't have an eye for art placement. But don't think I won't ever try it again.

Our apartment has a giant bare wall that I should really just leave alone but for various reasons feel compelled to fill with something. So naturally when I saw the following pin I had an artistic excuse to go and buy some op shop junk.  

PINTEREST



REALITY



OVERALL - 1/10. Not popular

That is actually a pile of junk. From a junk store.
You could say, 'well, you just haven't tried yet, that doesn't count'; but it does, 'cause it's been there six months now, and I have no idea how I'd even hang them on the wall without marking the (rented) wall or them hanging on an angle outwards which is just looks ugly. #fail.

1 comment:

  1. The ONLY way I could pull off a wall like that would be to copy it EXACTLY...so, you aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete