Friday 31 August 2012

Crate expectations

Never one to let my lack of DIY experience get in the way of starting a project, I allowed myself to get swept up in the 'crate love' wave of enthusiasm for recycling (or "upcycling", if you're a harcore Pintrest geek. I'm too cool for that) old crates in to works of art.  I was so excited to see this image below that I convinced a work colleague to help me basically steal two crates from the carpark at work under the guise they had been there for 2 years so no one wanted it anyway and deliver it to my house - bonus! (transport on the Vespa wasn't an option). Let the transformation begin!

PINTEREST


REALITY



OVERALL RATING -0/10 - still waiting for it to happen
I don't know what I was thinking. The crates are outside getting wet and making the backyard look like a junk pile. They're actually quite disgusting with chewing gum on the insides and the smell funny. The best hope for these guys is firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment