OVERALL - 9/10
'Mom's Orange Curry Chicken"? Firstly, its "Mum's". Secondly, what's that first ingredient, "2 1/2 lbs of broiler-fryer chickens"? I don't understand the question and I won't respond. That's where you lost me, recipe, and where I started to freestyle. And you know how dangerous that is. But still, based on the photograph, I'm going to guess mine was a whole heap better - so good, in fact, I'm going to post the recipe below, and that is definitely a world first - me suggesting that other people try make food I made. This is a whole new world.
MEL'S ORANGE CHICKEN CURRY
1. Heat oven to 3/4 of the way the knob will turn. That always seems like a good amount - not too greedy.
2. Cut 500g discount chicken thighs from New World into thumb sized pieces, do not mistake for your thumb.
3. Sprinkle chicken with curry powder to cover and a little salt on both sides and rub into meat. Also sprinkle with mysterious "orange petal powder" your husband has in his Mexican shelf. Sounds legit.
4. Arrange in your greased cooking dish or tagine bottom half.
5. Combine 2 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup honey, 5 tbs sweet marmalade (genius!), 3 tbs mustard and 1 tbs cinnamon (that's my patented secret ingredient!) in saucepan; simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Pour over chicken and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Turn chicken, add orange slices cut as cartwheels and continue baking another 20-30 minutes or until richly browned. If sauce is reducing too much, add 1/2 cup water to pan and stir.
8. Whoops! By now your rice should be ready. Go back to step 6 and turn on rice cooker and start cooking enough rice for 2 people.